It Is Time to Exercise Our Second Amendment Rights
First, let me make it clear that I AM NOT advocating or calling for any type of violence. No shooting, No threats, No revolts and certainly NOT the breaking of any existing laws.
What I am asking is that each American who supports the Second Amendment start exercising it to the fullest extent allowed by law. For far too long, the liberal left has taken center stage with their anti-gun rhetoric. They do not, or will not, see how much restraint we trained gun owners and supporters of the Second Amendment have voluntarily shown in the interest of peace. It is time to show them just what the Second Amendment does allow us to do -- carry a weapon.
Check your state laws carefully. Know your rights and limitations. THEN EXERCISE THEM FULLY. If your state law allows, follow these few suggestions:
- If you have a weapons permit and now carry concealed, start carrying openly for all to see.
- If your state allows open carry without permit, do it.
- If your state requires a permit, get one.
- If you want to carry an assault rifle by all means do so, in public and openly.
- Carry ALL the time in any and every place permitted by law.
- Don’t be intimidated by law enforcement. Know your state laws and rights.
- Don’t patronize any place of business that questions your legal rights.
This is just a starting point. It is long past due for the left to realize the real power of the Second Amendment and what gun owners have done to appease them. We have always cared about the feelings of others, so we have tried to not offend anyone and carry our weapons concealed. We have tread lightly, even though we have the right to do otherwise.
NOW is the time to display our right for all to see. When 50% of the adult population of the United States begins wearing and carrying their weapons in public 24/7, then the left will see just how passive we have been in the past. The time for meekness has finished. The anti-gun fanatics have mistaken our kindness for weakness, and now it is up to us to show them exactly what we law-abiding American citizens have a RIGHT to do.
Join me in this peaceful demonstration of the power of the Second Amendment. Let’s show the liberals what we as a group have sacrificed in order to avoid conflict. No more sacrifice ... No more compromise. Begin the FULL exercising of our constitutional and legal rights.